Zellentin & Partner was founded in 1957 by the chemist and patent attorney Leo Zellentin. Already in the early years of the firm, the prosecution and enforcement of intellectual property rights in the USSR was an essential focus of the firm and has remained so for the successor states of the former Soviet Union until today. In the 1970s Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Zellentin and Dipl.-Ing. Wiger Zellentin joined the firm as partners. For many years, Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Zellentin was a co-initiator of the Freiberg seminars on intellectual property rights. In 1985, the firm was able to win Dr. Jürgen Grußdorf as new partner and in 2001 Dr. Jutta Wagner and Dr. Oliver Henrion, two partners of the current generation joined the firm.